Here are 10 simple ways that you can leverage a strategic partners relationships with your target market.
– Logo on Website – Put your logo on a partners website and their logo on yours. Be sure that the logo will click through to your site, you track the amount of traffic that comes from that referer, and know how much of that traffic has converted to revenue.
– Receipt Stapler – If you own a retail store (or send invoices to B2B clients), include a promotion from a strategic partner with the receipt to every one of your clients.
– Logo Items as Gifts – Every time one of your strategic partners’ clients buys from them, make sure that they get a fun and usable chochkey from you that includes your logo.
– Banner in Store – Is your message inside your partners sales materials, retail store, and office? If not, it should be!
– Product Placement – Where can you creatively place your products inside of your partners’ product offering? Is it a pop-up standee in the corner of the conference room? Will your product fit well as an accessory in the bathroom? Get creative and put your product everywhere!
– Bag Coupons – If your strategic partner has contact with your target customer, get your coupons inside of every transaction – invoice stuffers, and bag stuffers rock!
– Email Newsletter Swapping – Do you have an email newsletter? One of the most challenging parts of creating this piece of marketing every month is coming up with content. Make it easy on yourself (and your strategic partner) by writing for each others’ e-newsletter. You not only get the content taken care of, your name will be in front of other potential clients, and your clients will see more value in you as a provider of 3rd party information.
– Co-Advertising – Save money by advertising with your strategic partner. You may not be able to afford a $3,000 full-page print ad, but you may be able to if you split it with 3 other service providers with similar conversations to their target markets.
– Client Seminars/Event Night – The Young Professionals at the Skyline Club pulled together all of their resources and clients in November, and threw an amazing client appreciation night. Instead of the event costing us $1,000 a piece and entertaining 10 people at a time, we spent $175 each and had 75 people in attendance. How can you do something similar for your business?
– Auto-sell – Is your product sold as an “automatic add-on” when someone buys one of your strategic partners products? Every time a MegaSell attendee buys one of my follow-up seminars, they automatically get $750 worth of “free” product from my strategic partners. This builds my strategic partners’ client base, and adds value to my product offering.
What are some other things that you can do to leverage strategic partnerships and promote each others products/services?
Jamar Cobb-Dennard is a sales and marketing expert who helps companies without a sales force have a sales force. To receive your free trial of a software that will track your referral revenue, centralize social media updates, and automate email/text/postcard marketing, click here.